Sweet Potato & Black Bean Breakfast Bowl
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Dietary Restrictions Gluten Free, Vegan, Soy Free
- 2 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers chopped
- 1 white or yellow onion chopped
- corn kernels from 3 ears of white or yellow corn
- 1 tbsp neutral cooking oil (such as grapeseed or refined avocado), plus extra as needed
- coarse salt + freshly ground black pepper
- juice of 1 large lime
- 1½ cups cooked black beans (1 can, drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup cilantro finely chopped
- 4 cups baby romaine
- 2 avocados sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes cubed and cooked
- 12 Dr. Praeger's Sweet Potato Hash Browns
- If using, cook Dr. Praeger's Sweet Potato Hash Browns according to package instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Place the pepper, onion, sweet potato and corn in a large mixing bowl. Add the oil and toss well. Transfer the mixture to a lined baking sheet and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. roast for about 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and some of the corn is gently browning. Remove the vegetables from the oven.
- Meanwhile, toss the roasted vegetables with the lime juice, black beans, and cilantro. Taste the mixture and add an extra drizzle of oil and salt and pepper to taste. Set the mixture aside.
- To assemble the bowls, pile your greens into 4 serving bowls. Top each with 3 hash browns, a generous scoop of the roasted vegetable black bean mixture, and half a sliced avocado.
The black bean vegetable mixture can be prepared up to 2 full days ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the fridge.