Simple Squash Soup
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Dietary Restrictions Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, Soy Free
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup yellow onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1- inch ginger peeled and grated
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened butternut squash puree
- 15 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup broth or water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp basil sliced
- Preheat a saucepan over medium heat with the olive oil.
- Add the onion and a pinch of salt, and sauté for 3 mins, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and a pinch of black pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the squash puree, coconut milk and broth, and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the apple cider vinegar. Taste for salt and pepper, and adjust as needed.
- Transfer to bowls and garnish with basil.