Rainbow Veggie Meal Prep Bowls
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Dietary Restrictions Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, Soy Free
- 1 cup dry quinoa rinsed
- 1 large sweet potato diced
- 1 tbsp melted ghee or olive oil
- 3 cups water or broth of choice
- 2 cups beet spirals raw
- 4 cups leafy greens packed
- ½ cup dressing or vinaigrette of choice
- 4 food storage containers with lids
- 4 Dr. Praeger’s Super Greens Veggie Burger
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds roasted
- If using, prepare Dr. Praeger's Super Greens Veggie Burger according to package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the quinoa and broth or water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed. Set aside, uncovered, for 10 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, add the diced sweet potato and melted ghee or olive oil to a bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper and toss to coat.
- Spread the sweet potato out onto an even layer across the baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden and fork-tender. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once everything is cool, arrange the bowls. Scoop 1 cup of quinoa into each container. Top with 1 cup of leafy greens, ½ cup beet spirals, and ¼ of the roasted sweet potato. If using, slice each veggie burger into bite-sized pieces and add to each bowl. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, if using.
- Store dressing separately until ready to eat, and drizzle with about 2 tbsp per bowl.