Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Dietary Restrictions vegetarian, Soy Free
- 8 ounces dry rigatoni pasta
- 4 cups spinach or arugula tightly packed
- 1 cup fresh basil tightly packed
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan or nutritional yeast
- ½ cup olive oil
- Several pinches of sea salt and black pepper
- Dr. Praeger's All American Veggie Burger
- lemon zest
- shredded parmesan or nutritional yeast
- shredded basil
- pine nuts
- If using, cook Dr. Praeger’s All American Veggie Burger according to package directions.
- Place a large pot of salted water over high heat.
- While you wait for the water to boil, add the spinach or arugula, basil, garlic, lemon juice and zest, pine nuts and parmesan or nutritional yeast to a blender or food processor. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Begin blending or pulsing, and slowly stream in the olive oil while the sauce comes together, stopping to scrape down the sides with a spatula as needed.
- Once the sauce is fully incorporated, taste, and adjust for seasonings.
- When the pot of water has come to a rolling boil, add the pasta, stir, and cook according to package directions. Once the pasta is tender, strain and rinse thoroughly, and return to the pot.
- Pour the pesto over the noodles and stir to coat. Transfer to two plates and garnish with desired toppings and veggie burger, if using.