Pasta with Hidden Veggies
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Dietary Restrictions vegetarian
- 8 ounces dry pasta
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup yellow onion diced
- ¾ cup bell pepper diced
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Dr. Praeger's All American Veggie Burger
- fresh basil
- parmesan cheese
- If using, cook Dr. Praeger's All American Veggie Burger according to package directions.
- Place a large pot of salted water over high heat.
- While you wait for the water to boil, preheat a large skillet over medium with the olive oil. Once hot, add the onion and a generous pinch of salt, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the bell pepper and Italian seasoning and cook for 5 minutes, until tender.
- When the pot of water has come to a rolling boil, add the pasta, stir, and cook according to package directions.
- Transfer the cooked veggies to a blender with the tomato sauce and a splash of water, and puree until completely smooth, adding more water as needed to thin out the sauce. Set aside.
- Once the pasta is tender, strain and rinse thoroughly, and divide onto two plates. Arrange with sauce and garnish with desired toppings and veggie burger, if using.