Mediterranean Vegetable Quiche
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
Dietary Restrictions vegetarian, Soy Free
For the crust
- 1 cup white whole wheat or all purpose flour
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup water cold
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
For the quiche
- 2 tbsp oil or butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 2 cups spinach or kale chopped
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 Dr. Praeger's Spinach Cakes
- If using, cook Dr. Praeger's Spinach Cakes according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a round baking dish with cooking spay.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together oil and water until thickened. Stir in herbs. Pour wet into dry and mix until just combined.
- Spread dough into pie pan, using your finger tips to spread it up onto the sides of the dish (you can also use a rolling pin to flatten it before putting in pan).
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Once hot add onion and a pinch of salt and cook for about 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add garlic, tomato, zucchini, and mushrooms. Cook for another 10 minutes or until veggies have softened. Add greens and cook until wilted. Dump veggies into pan with uncooked crust. Tear spinach cakes into small pieces and add to baking dish.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a medium bowl. Pour over veggies. Top evenly with feta.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until quiche has set.