Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Dietary Restrictions Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, Soy Free
For the Bowls:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 3 beets diced into ½" thick cubes
- 1 delicata squash sliced into 1/2" thick circles
- 2 cups kale shredded
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
For the Dressing:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbls fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 6 Dr. Praeger’s Broccoli Cakes
- If using, prepare Dr. Praeger’s Broccoli Cakes according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, thyme, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add beets and sliced squash to two separate bowls. Toss each with ½ of the olive oil mixture.
- Roast vegetables on a sheet pan for 30-40 minutes, or until fork-tender and lightly caramelized.
- While vegetables are roasting, prepare dressing: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl or jar and stir vigorously with a fork until thoroughly combined.
- Assemble bowls by tossing kale, squash, beets, and dressing together. Top with Broccoli Cakes, if using, pomegranate seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
If using the Broccoli cakes, each serving increases by 3/4 cup of veggies, for a total of 3.75 cups per serving.