Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Dietary Restrictions vegetarian
- ½ cup chickpeas cooked
- ¼ cup celery diced
- 1/8 cup onion minced
- 2 tbsp natural mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon or yellow mustard
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/8 cup sunflower sprouts or other microgreens
- 1 hard-boiled egg sliced
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- 1 Dr. Praeger’s Bombay Veggie Burger
- If using, cook Dr. Praeger’s Bombay Veggie Burger according to package directions.
- Add the chickpeas, celery, onion, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a small bowl, and mix thoroughly, mashing about half of the chickpeas with your fork.
- Taste the mixture, and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Spread one piece of bread with mayonnaise, and the other with mustard.
- Scoop the chickpea mixture onto one piece of bread, smoothing it out into an even layer.
- Add the sliced hard-boiled egg, sprouts, and veggie burger, if using. Top with the remaining slice of bread. Enjoy!