Breakfast Sweet Potato
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Dietary Restrictions Dairy Free, Gluten Free, vegetarian, Vegan, Soy Free
- 1 cup sliced sweet potato, about 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tsp melted butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- ½ tsp real maple syrup
- raw walnuts
- yogurt of choice
- almond butter
- Turn the oven to the broil setting, about 450F.
- Place the sweet potato slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle with the melted butter, ghee, or coconut oil and maple syrup. Season with sea salt.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until tender and lightly caramelized.
- Transfer slices to a plate, and garnish with desired toppings.
Microwave directions: Alternatively, to cook in the microwave place sweet potato slices on a microwave-safe plate and drizzle with melted butter, ghee, or coconut oil and maple syrup. Season with sea salt, and cook on high for 1-minute increments until fork-tender, flipping the slices between increments.