California Burrito Bowl
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Dietary Restrictions Dairy Free, Vegan
- 4 cups salad greens
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 medium sweet sweet potato cubed
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1 small ripe avocado pitted and fleshed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 2 tbsp your favorite dressing
- 2 Dr. Praeger’s California Veggie Burgers
- If using, cook Dr. Praeger’s California Veggie Burger according to package instructions.
- Prepare rice and sweet potato: cook rice according to package instructions; set aside when done.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place cubed sweet potatoes on lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil; use hands to fully coat. Bake sweet potatoes for about 18-20 minutes or until soft. Note: the larger the cubes, the longer they will take to cook. I cut my sweet potato up into fairly small cubes.
- Assemble the burrito bowls: Evenly distribute leafy greens, rice, cooked sweet potatoes, black beans, sliced avocado and pico de gallo between two bowls. Top with slightly cooled California Veggie Burger and drizzle on favorite dressing. Enjoy!
This recipe is great for meal prep! Simply get together all of your ingredients (except veggie burgers) and evenly distribute them into containers to store in fridge. Then all that is left to do is to cook the veggie burger when it comes to meal time.