Cabbage Cup Tacos
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 3-6 leaves purple cabbage whole
- 1, 15-oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp shelled hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime sliced into wedges
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- shredded lettuce or mixed greens
- fresh avocado slices or guacomole
- pico de gallo or salsa
- hot sauce or sliced jalapeno for a spicy kick
- Arrange the cabbage leaves onto a plate. Double them up if they're thin or ripped so they're hearty enough to hold all of your toppings.
- Add the black beans, smoked paprika, cumin, a splash of water, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a small saucepan. Cover, and cook over low heat until warmed through.
- Divide the spiced black beans into the cabbage cup "taco shells" and sprinkle with hemp hearts, cilantro, lime juice, and another pinch of salt and pepper.
- Arrange with any additional toppings of choice.