Broccoli & Tart Cherry Salad
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Dietary Restrictions Dairy Free, Gluten Free, vegetarian, Vegan, Soy Free
For the quick-pickled onions
- ¼ cup red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp sugar or honey
For the salad
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- ¾ cup broccoli florets
- ¼ cup dried tart cherries
- ¼ cup slivered almonds raw or roasted
- 2 tbsp salad dressing of choice
- 1 Dr. Praeger’s Sweet Heat Veggie Burger
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup cubed tempeh sautéed
- If using, prepare Dr. Praeger's Sweet Heat Veggie Burger according to package directions.
- Add the onion, vinegar, salt, and sugar to a small bowl. Stir to coat, and set aside while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Add the cooked quinoa, broccoli, cherries, and almonds to a salad bowl. Drizzle with your dressing of choice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drain the onions, and arrange them on top of the salad along with your protein of choice, if using.