Baked Vegetable Frittata with Sweet Potato Crust
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 45 minutes
Dietary Restrictions vegetarian, Soy Free
- 2 large sweet potatoes cut into ¼ inch thick rounds
- 2 tbsp avocado oil divided
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ white onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 3 large handfuls baby spinach
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 10 large eggs
- ¾ cup full fat Greek style yogurt
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh dill
- 3 Dr. Praeger’s Sunday Funday Veggie Sausages
- If using, cook Dr. Praeger’s Sunday Funday Veggie Sausages according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 420F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss sweet potato rounds with 1 tbsp avocado oil, paprika and a little salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F.
- While sweet potatoes cook, prepare veggie sausages according to package instructions, then cut into bite size pieces.
- Cook vegetables: heat remaining avocado oil in a frying pan. Add onion, and cook for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Add peppers, cooking another 2-3 minutes. Stir in spinach plus salt and pepper to taste, until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Whisk together the eggs and yogurt, then stir in feta cheese.
- Stir cooked veggies, cherry tomatoes, veggie sausage and dill into the egg mixture.
- To prepare the frittata, line a springform pan with parchment paper and grease the sides with spray oil. Lay the sweet potato rounds on the bottom of the pan, and use your hands to press them down slightly so the entire surface is covered. Place pan on a baking sheet, then pour in egg mixture.
- Bake frittata for 50-70 minutes until it has puffed up, edges are nicely browned, and there is no uncooked egg. It should still be slightly jiggly! Let cool before removing from springform mold and slicing.