Asparagus & Quinoa Scramble
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Dietary Restrictions Gluten Free, vegetarian, Soy Free
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp cream or milk plant-based or dairy
- 1 cup asparagus chopped
- ½ cup quinoa cooked
- avocado slices
- salsa or pico de gallo
- crumbled feta or goat cheese
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat with the olive oil.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add the egg mixture, asparagus, and quinoa to the hot pan. Season with another pinch of salt and pepper. Stir, and cover.
- Cook the scramble for 3-4 minutes, or until the eggs are fully cooked and fluffy, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a plate and garnish with toppings of choice.
Microwave directions: Alternatively, to cook in the microwave whisk all of the ingredients together in a microwave-safe bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook on high for 1 minute increments until fully cooked, stirring in between increments. To make this vegan, sub tofu or cubed tempeh for eggs and skip the cream.